Thierry’s core speciality is in clinical homeopathy. This branch of homeopathy puts a strong emphasis on the importance of nutrition. Poor nutritional habits and dietary misconceptions can promote skin problems and the body’s ability to nourish and repair the skin system.
General nutritional suggestions for the skin (hair and nails)
A change of diet is generally necessary until the condition has cleared:
– eliminate mucous forming foods (see list below),
– drastically reduce sugar, soft drinks and processed food from the diet,
– drink plenty of water, at least 1.5 to 2 litres a day (for an adult),
– eat plenty of fresh and lightly steam vegetables, especially green leafy types. You can also eat fruit, but no more than 2 portions a day until your condition has improved.
– substitute wheat and white rice with brown rice, quinoa, millet,
– include oats / porridge in your breakfast,
– finally, the best known diet plan for the skin is the alkaline diet, which is summarised in this section of my website.
The following food can promote mucus and disrupt the skin. It is best to reduce them until the condition has cleared:
– dairy products
– sugar and processed foods,
– white flour (white rice, white pasta, white bread),
– eggs, peanuts, soy foods,
– soft drinks, tea and coffee,
– oranges and strawberries.
If you think you can not live without them, then check if these products make your conditions worse by cutting them for a couple of weeks, and re-introducing them one-by-one over a week.
Natural topical creams/oils (for skin)
The best general applications for the skin are pure shea butter (“karite”), coconut butter or good quality oils (such as almond or cold-pressed olive oil). Calendula cream is also a well known repairer of the skin. Finally, red clover cream may help soothe the skin and take the edge off itching.
I store a mix of shea butter creams with different tinctures and homeopathic products for special skin ailments. Email me if you wish anything specific.
Natural hair lotions
For your hair and your scalp, a daily vigorous friction with your hands are a a good way to get blood circulation into the scalp. Also, a hair tonic with good quality oil such as the Weleda Revitalising Hair Tonic or any of the Green Pharmacy Hair Oil Lotions should be preferred to chemical products.
Nutritional advice for eczema & dermatitis
– Use Stellaria cream (Chickweed cream) for itchy parts.
– Oat meal bath can also be made by placing a hand full of oatmeal into a muslin cloth, tie into a knot and place in the bath.
– Follow the standard skin diet above, and put an extra focus on completely stopping all mucus-forming food (see above).
– Eat only whole-grains, and increase prune and figs’ intake (juice is OK).
Nutritional advice for acne conditions
Follow the general skin diet, with a strong emphasis on raw vegetables and fruit. Until a clear improvement, stop consuming processed foods, dairy products, sugar and wheat.
Natural Hair Products – Baking soda and cider vinegar shampoo
– Start by mixing 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water: For short hair, use 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 3 times the amount of water, and. For long hair, use 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 3 times the amount of water. MIX WELL & Apply the baking soda and water mixture to dry or wet hair by starting at the roots and working to the ends. Let it sit for 1 – 3 minutes then rinse with warm water.
After washing and rinsing the baking soda mixture, apply a vinegar rinse: mix 1 part white or apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water. To minimize the vinegar smell, also add lavender, peppermint, and/or rosemary essential oils to the vinegar mixture. you can mix a big batch of this ahead of time and keep it in a squeeze bottle in the shower – Tilt your head back, close your eyes (to avoid getting this mixture in your eyes), and distribute through your hair. -If you have longer hair, you may (still keeping eyes closed) tilt head forward and distribute more rinse through the ends.
After a few seconds, rinse with cold water. The cold water helps to seal in moisture, smooth the hair, and add shine. I have straight hair and have noticed that this really made a difference with eliminating frizz and static.
Please, use our advice only as part of a treatment from our health practitioner. Also, refer to our Disclaimer and Legal Requirements.